By now, you likely know just how important rifle scopes are to making precise shots. And because there are so many different red dot reflex sights and rifle scopes you can use for your AK rifle, picking the best one can be tricky.
True, you can choose to stick to the stock iron sights that come with the AK47. But if you do, you might as well forget about rapid target acquisition, unlimited eye relief, and visibility in different light conditions.
When you put in the effort and choose the right dot sight, you get more reliability, accuracy, and faster target acquisition than your standard rifle!
So, are you ready to hit long and short-range targets with greater efficiency and consistency even in extreme weather conditions?
If yes, read more for our top recommendations on the best AK red dots.
Table of Contents
- 1. Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Sight Riflescope
- 2. Vortex Optics Razor Red Dot Sights 3 MOA Dot Size
- 3. Sig Sauer SOR52102 Romeo5 XDR Compact Red Sight
- 4. Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight Gen II
- 5. Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED 5.0
- How to Pick the Best Red Dot for AK
When it comes to making rear sights, high-quality glass, and dot reticles, few brands stand out as distinctively as Bushnell Trophy. Among their products, this red dot sight stands out because of the wide range of features it puts at your disposal.
To begin with, this amazing sight for your AK rifle comes with 11 different brightness settings that allow you to increase your visibility in different harsh conditions.
One of the best things about these durable optics is that they give you over 2,000 hours of battery life thanks to their powerful single CR2032 battery.
If you want scopes that come at the cheapest price and still give you a large MOA dot size red dot reticle, then this is the best product for you.
What makes it so great is that this dot sight doesn’t only work with the AK rifle but also a wide range of primary arms like handguns and shotguns.
You’ll also be able to use this dot sight for longer periods because it’s fully submersion and waterproof. So, if you especially enjoy shooting in extreme weather conditions, this budget optic won’t fall apart on you.
Plus, it gives you faster target acquisition because it holds zero even when being used to pump multiple rounds.
- It’s made of high-quality glass.
- It offers a large MOA dot size for enhanced target acquisition.
- It leverages innovative battery technology to give you long hours of use.
- It can be used with a wide range of primary arms.
- It has easily adjustable brightness settings, offering you good day and night vision.
- It’s durable and is submersion and waterproof.
- It’s available at an affordable price.
- Its Picatinny rail mount can get wobbly.
- It could be more shockproof.
Vortex Optics is very popular on many major rifle platforms thanks to the outstanding dot reticles and rear sights they produce. And, just like every other Vortex Optics product, this one didn’t disappoint.
Featuring a durable aluminum body, this dot reflex sight is incredibly weather and shockproof while managing to remain lightweight.
It also has multi-coated lenses and high-quality glass. This ensures that you get excellent visibility when aiming at your favorite targets, even in bright daylight.
In terms of size, this dot reflex sight has a rail mount that sits more naturally on smaller primary arms like handguns. That being said, you can simply use a riser to ensure it fits your AK rifle better and there’ll be no problem.
In addition to giving you a wide field of vision, you also have access to user-intuitive adjustable power settings positioned on the left-hand side. This gives you more control over your battery power, increasing the efficiency of use in the process.
Also, thanks to its auto-adjustable daylight settings, zeroing in on a target becomes infinitely easier.
On its lowest setting, its CR2032 battery can give you up to 20,000 hours of battery life. However, this drops to just over 100 hours if you use it on its highest brightness settings.
- It’s highly durable.
- It’s very lightweight.
- It offers 10 different adjustable power settings on the left-hand side.
- It boasts an auto-brightness feature.
- It comes with various helpful accessories.
- It comes with an unlimited and unconditional lifetime warranty.
- Its settings button isn’t for everyone.
- It requires a little adjustment before it can be perfect to use on your AK.
Frankly, in light of the numerous features of this lightning-fast target locking red dot sight, we simply have to agree.
Something worth mentioning about this product is its ultra-low parallax function. You not only get a maximum field of vision, but the point of aim of your long and short-range targets is also the point of impact.
Because of this, it is one of the best laser optics you can rely on to properly complement the firing power of your AK.
This dot scope is super accurate as it offers you two different vision settings and 10 adjustable brightness settings.
Thanks to its single high-performance battery, you can get as much as 30,000 hours of use out of this device!
Aside from the advanced battery technology it puts at your disposal, it also gives you a motion-activated reticle. Because of this, you get faster target locking with less effort. This feature makes the Romeo5 XDR Compact Red Sight a handy tool to have with you if you go hunting with your rifle.
This red dot sight is so great that many rifle platforms have compared it to the more expensive Aimpoint Pro Patrol Rifle Optic!
If you’re looking for the best dot optics available at an affordable price, the Romeo5 XDR might be just right for you.
- It’s well-built.
- It gives you excellent target image quality for longer thanks to its high-performance battery life.
- It’s night vision compatible.
- It’s perfect for outdoor and indoor range shooting.
- It’s very affordable.
- It has a motion-activated reticle.
- It has some quality control issues.
For the price range that it falls in, the Crossfire Red Dot gives you excellent value and quality, and it allows you to be more stable and accurate with your shots.
Just like every other Vortex Optics product you’ll ever come across, it’s made from a patent anodized aircraft-grade aluminum. This not only makes it perfect for use in extreme weather conditions, but it also ensures that you remain barely perceptible when hunting.
This product also has night vision optics capabilities and 11 adjustable brightness settings, making it perfect for use under various light conditions.
Its battery power is also commendable as it offers you thousands of hours of visibility for pinpoint accuracy with long and short-range targets. This gadget also comes with unlimited eye relief for your hunting sessions, which prioritizes your safety.
What we found rather impressive about this product is that, for all its functionality, it’s still remarkably lightweight and weighs no more than 5.2 ounces.
- It has a high-performance battery.
- It features user-friendly adjustable power settings.
- Its expensive glass encourages better image quality and enhances the use of your combat gun.
- It’s made from high-quality materials, making it ideal for use even in harsh conditions.
- It comes with an unlimited lifetime warranty.
- It’s specially designed to optimize rapid target acquisition.
- The brightness knob might be difficult to use.
You won’t have any problem setting this device on your rail mount because of its well-structured base. Also, it gives you a crisp, clear dot you can use to hone in on your targets and take shots with unwavering accuracy.
Its wide field of view is also exceptional, thanks to its especially large window. Coupled with its long sight radius, you’ll be picking off targets across long distances without breaking a sweat in no time. We also love that it features easy access to the battery compartment.
Overall, this is an all-around exceptional and affordable optic worth trying out.
- It has a nice solid build.
- It gives you maximum field of vision.
- It has easy access to the battery and an acceptable runtime.
- It has an excellent MOA dot size quality.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It doesn’t hold zero long enough when in use.
- It could use a stronger battery.
How to Pick the Best Red Dot for AK
If you aren’t already aware, the AK47 is the most widely used rifle in the world today. That being said, many users don’t get the best experience out of this firearm.
Because they don’t complement it with the right tools and accessories.
If you want to get the best red dot for your AK rifle, you need to make sure that it has certain features. The most important ones are:
Good Reticle Density and Full Night Vision Compatibility
The purpose of this gadget is to give you perfect visibility at night and during the day. For this to happen, your red dot optic must not only have an extensive brightness settings feature but also night vision optics.
This is usually measured in minute of angle or MOA.
1 MOA translates to roughly 1-inch at a hundred yards, 2-inches at 200 yards, and so on. Consequently, you should favor red dot optics with dots you can see easily under different light conditions.
Ideally, you should opt for dots with at least a 1.5-inch diameter.
Strong Battery Life
Naturally, you don’t want an expensive or budget optic that’ll quit on you in the middle of a hunt or shooting competition. One way to prevent this is to make sure you get a red dot optic with strong battery power.
Most of the optics out there can give you thousands of hours of use easily on their lowest settings. However, when you start using features like holographic sights, that figure drops significantly.
To compensate for this, it helps to not only get optics with good battery life but ones that you can also charge on the go with a solar panel or other power sources.
Build and Durability
You get to truly enjoy your red dot reticle if it gives you all the features you need and is durable enough to let you use those functions for a long time.
With this in mind, we recommend you get products decided to be fog, shock, and waterproof.
1. Where Do I Mount an Optic on the AK Rifle?
You have three options.
You can mount it on the top handguard, the railed dust cover, or the receiver. The position you settle for is usually determined by your personal preference.
2. Is a Red Dot Better Than a Green Dot?
The red dot optics are better because they give you superior visibility at night. However, green dot optics are known to be generally more affordable.
3. Can I Shoot Accurately With My AK Without a Red Dot Optic?
Yes, you can.
However, to be able to do this, you’ll need years of experience and a lot of skill. Because of this, it’s often better to use a red dot optic.
Our list of the best red dots for AK details optics that will exponentially increase your shooting accuracy without breaking the bank.
Join the league of seasoned hunters and marksmen, and learn more about how to get the verybest out of your gun here.