Many shooters and hunters invest to the best Glock 23 holsters for their Glock 23 handguns for protection and proper handling. Good guns deserve good quality of holsters that will help a lot to prolong their life span as well as their aesthetics.
However, there are times that the options for holsters seem to be overwhelming. Before hopping from shop to shop to scrutinize and compare various holsters, it is important to do some research first to know which qualities to look for such as size, materials and other high technology features. Advance reading of reference guide is also a great help to gain first-hand experiences from previous holsters’ users.
Beginners usually are the ones lost at first as they don’t have idea where to start in searching for Glock 23 holsters. No worries because the basic factors to consider in selecting the perfect Glock 23 holsters are indicated in this buying guide.
Table of Contents
- What is the Best Glock 23 Holster
- How to Choose the Right Holsters for Glock 23
- Top 6 Best Glock 23 Holsters Reviews
- 1. Best Glock 23 Holster Overall: Concealed Carrier IWB Holster
- 2. Best Glock 23 Leather Holster: Relentless Tactical Leather IWB Holster
- 3. Best Glock 23 Concealment Holster: CYA Supply Co. IWB Holster
- 4. Best Glock 23 OWB Paddle Holster: BlackHawk Serpa OWB Concealment Holster
- 5. Best Glock 23 Holster With Light: Fierce Defender IWB Holster with Streamlight
- 6. Best Glock 23 Shoulder Holster: Gould & Goodrich ShoulderHolster
- What is a Glock 23 Holster?
- Types of Glock 23 Holsters
- Why Do You Need Glock 23 Holster?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Glock 23 Holster
- Best Glock 23 Holster Overall: Concealed Carrier IWB Holster Our #1 Pick
- Best Glock 23 Leather Holster: Relentless Tactical Leather IWB Holster
- Best Glock 23 Concealment Holster: CYA Supply Co. IWB Holster
- Best Glock 23 OWB Paddle Holster: BlackHawk Serpa OWB Concealment Holster
- Best Glock 23 Holster With Light: Fierce Defender IWB Holster With Streamlight
- Best Glock 23 Shoulder Holster: Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster
How to Choose the Right Holsters for Glock 23
Searching for a Glock 23 holster can be time consuming especially if you are doing it for the first time. To make it a little stressful, here is the buying guide which includes pointers in choosing a nice holster for the Glock 23.
Materials used for the holster
One of the primary factors that one must consider when looking for a Glock 23 holster is the materials to which the holster is made of. Usually the price and durability of holster varies because they depend on the fabric incorporated in the core of the holster.
There are three renowned materials for holsters. These are the leather, ballistic nylon and kydex. Each one has strength and weakness.
- Leather – It is the traditional and most popular material being used in fabricating Glock 23 holster. In terms of durability, leather can last for years. It is also the most comfortable fabric since it conforms to the shape of the gun and human body. Gun draw is also silent anytime. In terms of aesthetics, leather is naturally fashionable as it can also come in different colors and embossed with designs. On the weak point, the user may experience sweating in wearing leathers close to the body.
- Ballistic nylon – The best qualities of Ballistic Nylon is that it is cost effective than the other materials plus it is versatile because it can serve many gun types. On the downside, it is not as durable as the other material options.
- Kydex – This material is for those users who want less maintenance holsters. It is easy to clean since it is a kind of polymer or plastic. It is also known as a very light weighted and cheaper than other materials. However, expect a little noise when drawing the gun from the holster made of Kydex.
There are so many ways on how a gun can be carried and holsters are designed also to be worn through various method. If you are a beginner, you may think first in which wearing style you are most comfortable with.
The most familiar style of holster is the belt holsters and outside the waistband (OWB). It can be easily attached to the hips and can be covered by shirt and jacket. On the other hand, inside-the-waistband (IWB) is suitable for those who are more conservative in carrying a handgun since it can be tucked inside the pants.
Other options to check on are holsters that are wearable through the shoulders, ankle, and chest.
Another area to scrutinize in a holster is its retention capacity. A good quality of holster can hold or grip the Glock 23 so it won’t move from its place for safety. But it also has the capacity to smoothly let go of the gun when it is being retrieved. Most of the common types of retention are through friction, flaps, straps and trigger guard locks.
If you are going to invest on a holster, the budget is a requirement. The cost of holster depends on the material, size and technology use to create them. Sometimes, the brand or manufacturer also affects the price. You can already buy a good quality of holster for about 20$ or more. In case, you are short in the budget, you may save first till you reach your target cost or consider a second hand.
Top 6 Best Glock 23 Holsters Reviews
1. Best Glock 23 Holster Overall: Concealed Carrier IWB Holster
This versatile holster is perfect for the Glock 23 handgun since it conforms to the figure of the gun. It is very comfortable to wear via inside the waistband wear-on method. The manufacturer of this item came from the veterans in the field of combat which makes this holster more trustworthy and credible.
Another fascinating feature of this model is its flexible retention. It possesses the capacity to be adjusted in the most comfortable way that the user prefers. It also has an audible sound to ensure the user that the retention is successful. Cant is also easy to manage and adjust from 0 to 20 degrees.
However, it is only made for right-handed people. Nevertheless, you can count on this holster by ultimate protection for your Glock 23 model.
- Convenient audible click to determine safe retention
- Adjustable Cant from 0 to 20 degrees
- Made of durable polymer which is also healthy for the life of Glock 23
- Not suitable for left-handed people
2. Best Glock 23 Leather Holster: Relentless Tactical Leather IWB Holster
This model of holster is a precious one because it displays not just stunning aesthetics but also superb comfort for the user. Left-handed people will be happy to carry this inside-the-waistband and easy to conceal holster. It fits different types of handgun but most especially the Glock 23. Its top selling feature is its good-looking US handmade leather body.
Aside from the fact that the leather perfectly matches the shape of any gun, its quality is also tough and dependable through the years. It is not easy to tear and scratch resistant. Previous users also recommend this due to the ease in retention process.
However, some reviews reported that this model tend to turn so soft after some time of use. But if you want a piece of holster that is credible and looks pretty at the same time, this Relentless Tactical Leather IWB Holster is the one for you.
- Made of handcrafted leather which is meticulously fabricated for beauty and durability
- Easy to conceal via tucked in inside the pants
- Offers a good lifetime warranty service
- Becomes flimsy after several times of use
3. Best Glock 23 Concealment Holster: CYA Supply Co. IWB Holster
Another previous combat member owned company is the CYA Supply Co. which makes beautiful inside the waistband holster for Glock 23 handgun. This USA made model boast a good client satisfaction rate. It is made of thick plastic which called Boltaron so its price tends to be lower than the other model yet the quality is equally competitive. This item also comes with a belt clip for hassle-free attachment which is made of stainless steel for toughness.
Further, the user will also appreciate its sweat proof feature when it is closer to the body even the whole day. It also has a Posi-click’ audible retention lock system that signals the user if safekeeping of the gun is properly done.
However, it is not as durable as the other leather made holster. But this item is excellent in terms of comfort and thrift cost.
- Made of durable Kydex-like material which cause ease in gun draw and reholster
- Nice cant from 0 to 15 degree for easy to adjust wear
- Impact and heat resistant which is good for the life span of the gun and at the same time, comfortable for the user
- Hot leather
4. Best Glock 23 OWB Paddle Holster: BlackHawk Serpa OWB Concealment Holster
BlackHawk Serpa Holster is a versatile type which also fits in a Glock 23. The remarkable feature of this outside the waistband (OWB) model is its fast and accurate retention capacity. Its audible click is real time when resting the gun inside the holster. This model also boasts a strong grip to the Glock 23 so now worries if it is going to fall. One the other hand, draw is equally smooth once the user wishes to retrieve it from the case. When you buy this holster, it also comes with a free paddle platform and belt loop.
On the poor side, there is an issue in the comfort since it is made of hard plastic. Nevertheless, this model is decent type of holster already in terms of its high technology features such as the auto lock and audible click technology.
- Glock 23 handgun is safe to keep due to strong grip and auto lock technology
- Cost saving as it comes with free belt loop and paddle platform
- It cost lesser than the other leather made models
- Issue of discomfort due to hard plastic materials
5. Best Glock 23 Holster With Light: Fierce Defender IWB Holster with Streamlight
Fierce Defender Holster is an inside the waistband type which is made for ultimate comfort and style. It is molded through a .08 thick Kydex for efficiency and sturdiness. It also conforms to the body of the Glock 23 so it can rest well when not in use but can also be retrieved smoothly in times of emergency due to its excellent retention.
Many will also notice that its opening is made extra flared so re-holstering can be made in a breeze. Aside from that its cant is also flexible and can be adjusted from 0 to 15 degrees.
However, some clients said that the grip of this holster loosen after using for a short period of time. But that is not yet confirm and many still recommends this model as one of the Glock 23 holsters in town.
- Sweat proof and easy to clean holster due to its Kydex made core
- Convenient for keeping, retrieving and re-holstering the handgun due to the adjustable retention and Cant
- Includes audible click retention for secured reholster
- It loosens after few times of use
6. Best Glock 23 Shoulder Holster: Gould & Goodrich ShoulderHolster
Last but not the least in our list of Glock 23 holsters is the Gould & Goodrich Holster which looks fashionable in its shoulder-carry-style. This is also matched for those right-handed people.
In terms of quality, this one is highly competitive because it is made in US with the superb quality of leather. Since it is made of leather, it can last for years. Gun draw is also quiet. It is also good-looking and can easily match the user’s outfit for the day.
On the downside, the user may experience discomfort in carrying this holster close to their skin due to the leather material. But when it comes to efficiency, aesthetics and durability, this Gould & Goodrich Shoulder Holster is for keeps.
- Made in US and leather hence, it is durable and easy to tidy-up
- Looks fashionable and can match different outfit of the users
- Compose of wide shoulder straps for ultimate comfort
- It can trigger heat on skin specially during hot season
What is a Glock 23 Holster?
This holstering device is specifically designed and made for small handguns like the Glock 23. It can be made of leather, nylon, or KYDEX and can be an IWB, OWB, or shoulder holster. It can offer you peace of mind by keeping your handgun in place and preventing its unnecessary movement. The Holster can promote the safety not just yours but also your loved ones and other people.
Types of Glock 23 Holsters
The Glock 23 holster is one of paramount importance if you own a handgun like the Glock 23. It can restrict the unwanted movement of your handgun and keep it in position, while allowing for an easy and quick access whenever you need to draw it.
Holsters, however, differ in the degree that they protect or secure the handgun. It is because they are available in many types that you must consider when choosing one for your needs.
By method of wear, you can find different types of holsters, including –
- IWB holster
- Belt slide holster
- Pocket holster
- OWB holster
- Belly band holster
- Shoulder holster, horizontal or vertical
- Ankle holster
- Sling holster
Your choice can depend on the manner of wearing you want and most applicable for your needs. For example, if you’re in the military or law enforcement or one looking for an open carry holstering device, you can check out an outside the waistband or outside the pants holster.
On the other hand, there is an inside the pants or waistband holster. It is typically clipped or mounted to a belt. This holster lets you secure your gun inside your pants. But then, you also have the option of tucking your shirt over the handgun and holster.
A variant of this type includes the appendix inside the waistband holster that can let you wear it inside the front of your pants.
Shoulder holsters are another type. Typically, it is with two straps like a backpack, but the holster is mounted to a strap on the left/right.
Nevertheless, there are many types of holsters that you can get for a Glock 23. Get started in the selection process using the reviews earlier. Weigh their pros and cons and pick the holster that matches your needs.
Why Do You Need Glock 23 Holster?
Aside from an excellent handgun like that Glock 23, you also need a perfect-fitting and reliable holster in your gun kit. There are many benefits to owning one, and some I have highlighted in the following.
Concealment: The primary reason to have a holstering device is concealment, especially if living in a concealed carry state. It is much easier to conceal your gun with a holster, which can keep you away from trouble with the law enforcement.
Prevents constant loading/unloading: Not having a holster, you must load/unload your gun from time to time. But if you were faced with an emergency wherein you need a quick draw, it might be dangerous if you still must load your gun. Using a holster, you can keep your gun loaded and not need to unload it all the time.
Convenience of access: A Glock 23 holster allows you to access your gun whenever you need it quickly unlike if you would keep it in a gear bag in your car. Using a holster, you can keep the gun close to your body and access it conveniently when needed.
Firearm security and safety: The holstering device can keep your gun in place and prevent its unnecessary movement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most popular Glock 23 holster brands?
One of the considerations in choosing a Glock 23 holster is its brand. Check that it’s trusted and reputable to ensure the quality and performance of the holster you’re buying. Below are some of the most popular brands for a Glock 23 holster.
- Concealed Carrier
- Relentless Tactical
- CYA Supply Co.
- BlackHawk Serpa
- Fierce Defender
- Gould & Goodrich
What are the Glock 23 holster made of?
Choosing a Glock 23 holster, you should also check the material. What is it made of? It is important to figure which holster is right for you. Most common materials for a holster are nylon, KYDEX and leather. Each has its pros and cons.
It’s a polymer or plastic brand. Holsters of this type can be molded for the gun’s specific mold and shape it is easy to maintain and clean. All you must do is to wipe the holster with a clean and soft cloth when it’s dirty.
A KYDEX holster can maintain its original shape even after a long time. It is also less expensive and lighter than a leather holster. For its downside, drawing your gun from it can be noisier than it would to draw from other materials like nylon.
It is a classic material for a holster, which is resilient and tough to deal with heavy demands and use. Leather is also comfortable and flexible, overtime forming to your body. It is also easier to draw a gun from this material. However, it may provide less support as time goes by and it degrades.
It is much cheaper than a leather material and is also impressively very durable. Most holsters made of nylon have a shape-retaining stiffener along with fasteners; thus, you can personalize the manner to wear it. shoulder holsters and outside the waistband holsters typically are with this material.
Where to buy it?
Today, it isn’t hard to look for a holster and get one. Some places to buy it include gun accessories shops in your community, websites of the manufacturer, and Amazon or another online marketplace.
The best Glock 23 holster is one of the most essentials in your gun kit. To protect your gun and keep it safe in place, you must use this holster. It also allows quick access to the gun during emergencies and helps prevent constant loading and unloading. This holstering device is also comfortable to wear, depending on what material and manner of wear you selected.
To help you pick the right one, use the above reviews and study their pros and cons for the top Glock 23 holsters and buying guide to help you compare your options well. Buy your handgun holster today!